Thread: Memorial Forum?
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
Debbie L.

Memorial Forum?

I know we've discussed this before, but it seems an appropriate time to throw it out there again. Although I personally only really ever come to this main forum, there are lots of others forums within HER2support that are specific to different aspects of dealing with breast cancer.

I would like it if we had a memorial forum, or a remembrance forum, or whatever we'd like to call it (but not a "has become an angel" please). Where the title (new thread title) would be the person's name, and all the lovely tributes and poems and prose would be safely held there. Brenda's, for example, are already quite scattered under different threads and will soon be lost to all but the most persistent searcher. If some of us had time, we could cull some of the person's representative posts and add them in "their" forum, so that it was not just what those of us left had to say, but had that definite flavor of our lost one.

I know an argument against this, in the past, has been that it was Joe's preference that we not do this, for fear of scaring people. But I don't see how keeping the same posts that are already happening, but just in a separate forum, would be any more scary. In fact, it could be less scary because if people did not want to read of the losses, they could simply not go to that forum.

Don't you find yourself some days, for no reason, with strong thoughts of a certain person rambling around in your head and heart? Wouldn't you like, on those days, to easily re-visit "their" thread, and re-connect for a few minutes? I would.

Much love,
Debbie Laxague
Debbie L. is offline   Reply With Quote