Thread: hair
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #5
Nancy L

Re: hair

I am one of the Taxotere 3%. Whem my hair did not come back in 2005, I asked several oncologists why? All they said was, this is not suppose to happen. When I met with Dr Slamon in 2009, he told me about this Taxotere side effect. I used wigs but always was searching for a better solution. My hobbies are outside activities and sports and wigs don't work well on the golf course. In 2008 I went to a new shop in SF to get a cyber hair wig. When the owner was cutting the wig, we talked about my situation. She introduced me to hair replacement systems which I switched to as soon as I found a shop near my home (not so close--one hr away but worth the drive once a month.

Yes it is expensive but in life we all make trade offs on how we spend our money. I think the manufacturer of Taxotere should be paying for my hair but i don't have what it takes for a lawsuit. I heard that a woman in France did sue and settled with the drug manufacturer.

The process involves taking a mold of your head so the system is a perfect fit. The system is bonded to your head so you sleep in it, wash it on your head in the shower, etc. My husband loves it and says I have better hair now than before i had cancer. I go to the shop once a month. They take it off, service it and rebond.

Go to grafftech.com to learn more. Bette Graff is my stylist and if you give her a call, I am sure she would be happy to tell you is hair replacement is available near your home--it may not be.

Virtualreailty.com is another site to review.

Good luck. You would be surprised how many men and women wear hair. It is not just for celebs anymore.
Nancy L is offline   Reply With Quote