View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 04:12 PM   #22
NEDenise

Re: Brain MRI - Hmmmm

Hello Friends,
I hope this doesn't sound like whining...
I'm sharing...in case anyone else walks this road later...and wonders if what they're experiencing is "normal".

So...yesterday, I thought I felt blechy (that's an advanced medical term for feeling BAAAAD)...anyway, I thought I was feeling bad because of the yummy cocktail they made me drink for my CT scans. But alas, as this day has worn on, I've begun to realize that what I am actually experiencing is steroid withdrawal.

Apparently, the price I have to pay in order to rediscover my cheekbones, and drop all these extra pounds is to feel really bad for a few days. At least I hope it's only for a few days.

I have a headache, dizziness, nausea, and a healthy dose of fatigue. But, unless the headaches gets so bad that advil doesn't help...
or the dizziness makes me actually fall down...
the doc says I have to try to tough it out and continue the taper.
Which sucks...and this is pure whining...the weekend is about to begin, I have good things planned...and I'm likely to have to beg off on all the fun

Oh! BTW - upon further consideration...I suspect the 'little smiling guy' in the MRI images is actually the one gobbling up the goo! He's the Goo-Gobbler! Now I have a face to visualize when I focus on cleaning up the goo!

So...he's one of the goooo-d guys! (right Sassy!)
And, Pamela, I didn't even get to see the video...so no...it's not going to show up online.

And, Andi...I see the little doggie now...don't know how I missed him the first time!

Love to all of you! Thanks for caring, and checking in!
Denise
NEDenise is offline   Reply With Quote