View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 02:50 AM   #21
Pray

Re: Surgery Thurs. the 4th

Hi, My real name is Nancy, thank you everyone for your prayers,responses and friendship. I'm sure I used every single one up getting through the past two weeks

The surgery itself went well, Allthough there was so much scar tissue from previous c-section they spent 3 extra hours just weeding it out. So instead of 8hrs it was close to 12 which takes you longer to wake up. I went into surg. at 830am and into an actual room by 130am. None of which I knew was going on. Good for me. Any one who has had reconstruction knows the way you look right out of surg. isn't exactly what you have three months later. With doing one breast that is in my case. So I said to myself going into this I was not going to worry about the turn out for several months

I wake up and the next 6 days are pain med. and trying to walk again. Not an easy feet, though doable. as these days go on I am noticing the flap is huge and looks to me like it is at least 4 or 5x times bigger than the other one. I am not worried though I have faith in my drs. I get home and hear about our beautiful Sheila and I'm consumed with praying for her and her family.

I go to my recheck on Mon. and as I get out of my van I relize I have my house slippers on and I am so humiliated I can barely speek. So in the the drs room the nurse notices my slippers and I start telling her how sorry I am and so on. Then the three drs. walk in and my husband and nurse in this very small room w/a curtain we are all behind. I'm still thinking how I hope no one else notices my slippers when as the dr. talking he notices something on the floor and I said what is it and he says oh its just a black spider. WHAT! I start screeming like a 5 yr old girl. and everyone else starts to panic not knowing what I'm screeming for. My husband starts dancing around the room trying to step on the spider when he alone knows my great fear of spiders especially the bigger they are. ( This one to me was huge!) Someone yells in the door are you hurting her. One of the other drs. runs to shut the door saying I hope no one hears her in the waiting room and my Dr. says no thats great! we can all go out to lunch today I never get to go out to lunch! This all happened in about 4 mins. time. I was laughing so hard, when the dr. started talking and again he paused I said to the nurse I guess I don't feel as bad about wearing my slippers here. Everyone looked at my feet (slippers) and all started to laugh out loud together. You never really expect a dr. visit to be so funny. It was great (except for the spider thing!)

So my free flap is very swollen and he tried to asperate it and couldn't get anything and said to give it time. He will be able to take care of it eventualy. By the fourth day home I was walking almost straight up still a work in progress. I don't remember the pain much and I have been told it will take 3 to 4 months to recover from which I think is doable. The visiting nurse comes weds.to check on the one drain left in. I did have 3 until monday. That will be great. Heres to slow going my beautiful sisters and brothers.

Now I'm back to being cosumed with prayer for Sheila, Jen and all of their family and everyone of you here struggling. Peace and Gods blessings to all of you.

P.S. I would change my name but I had to have Becky do it last time. Originaly I had my 1st and last name and a friend told me she thought I had to much personal info on the internet. I do not think so any longer. Not when all of these beautiful people on this site bare there inner most feelings, pains and sorrows also greatest joys! I like a name to put the feelings with. I would put a pic also but, I don't know how. Thanks again for thinking of me your friend, Nancy

My Aunt who I had mentioned to a couple of people here, had been suffering with dimentia passed away this morning. She was my Moms twin and they are finally hand in hand agian. The peace of the Lord will be with them always. Amen! Amen!
Her2 +3
4/12 nodes
6 rounds TCH
Herceptin 12 months 3weeks
Rad. 30 tx
Tamoxifin 6 months stopped
Arimedex stopped 9/12 (side effects)
Aromasin 10/12
Pray is offline   Reply With Quote