View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 12:20 PM   #22
CarolineC

Re: It's Not Working! Three Weeks Of Nothing But Side Effects!

Karen,

If I were you I would get back on Herceptin ASAP with a reloading dose at least until something else is decided. You seem to do very well when you are on a weekly dose-can you have that again? I really believe that we don’t become resisitant to Herceptin but possibly need more of it or more often just as Gina Popp has written about and I know the first time I had a reloading dose last fall I felt so much better and my TMs dropped at the one week mark. Yes, they rose before the next treatment, but not as much as previously. Wish I could have kept trying that option. If the higher dose or weekly options aren't a possibility then maybe it’s time to try Taxoterrible, Xeloda or go back to Navelbine but at a lower dose. What about TDM1 and Pertuzumab again?

I know you like to look at all options so here is some thinking outside of the box, because conventional doctors do not recognize the impact on our adrenals, and each one of us has adrenal fatigue to some degree. Your body is in a state of distress and inflammation and it needs to be calmed. What about beta blockers? They are systemic and address the adrenaline receptors. Get your hormone levels checked more by saliva than by blood because saliva testing is more accurate and with a four point cortisol to see what your body is doing at certain times of the day. What has your blood sugar been like, and your thyroid? Everybody keeps focussing on the cancer and the characteristics of it and not the whole body. It’s time to get really analytical and find what is right for you in an integrative way and I know you have been doing that to some degree.Are you taking any other meds, foods, or herbs that could be antagonizing your liver?

I really wonder whether the liver is an actual met or severe inflammation since Neratinib can cause liver toxicity. You say your LFTs are optimal, has there been a change in them since starting Neratinib? What about hyperthermia?

Karen I so agree that chemo is not the only answer and our bodies need to have a break in order to heal so it would be great to utilize more targeted therapies or immunotherapy.

Visualize all of us in a circle holding each other’s hands and taking the positive healing energy with our left hand and passing it with our right. My support group does that every week and it is so comforting. I'm giving you a huge hug!

Love,

Caroline
4 x AC, 4 x Paclitaxol and H (Neupogen for 7 cycles), Herceptin complete Nov 10
Mar–Apr 2010 25 Rads
Apr 10-Oct 11- Tamoxifen
Oct 11 – 3 cm met to sternum
Oct 11-Letrozole for 3 mths, start Clasteon-bone remodeller
Nov-Dec 11 - Happy 50th Birthday -20 rads to sternum
Jan-April 2012 Taxotere/Herceptin-6 cycles (Neupogen for 5)
Herceptin every 3 weeks-Letrozole added Nov 2012
CarolineC is offline   Reply With Quote