View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 09:44 PM   #4
vickie h

Help is on the way

Tykerb has a compassionate care program and will provide the drugs needed if hardship is the case. I am certain of this. Please call them and ask to speak to someone in "compassionate care program". Most of the companies, ie Glaxo Smith Kline, Roche, etc all have these programs. People just aren't aware of them. You will not be turned down is yours is a hardship (you cannot possibly afford them and eat and have a home at the same time.
I have Xeloda and Tykerb and will be happy to send them to your cousin, but it will not be enough to complete her entire program. I have about a months worth of each. In the meantime, you can start contacting these companies and get the ball rolling. Legal or illegal, she needs to be helped. No law should dictate whether we get to live or die because of finances. Shameful! Please let me know where to send them. Much love, Vickie

Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass,
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Feb 04 IBC IIIC/IV er-/pr- her2+++
3/04 TCH X4
7/ 04 MRM 9/04 Taxol/herceptin wkly 1 yr 33X rads
11/04 skin mets 33x rads,10/05 Avast/Herc. 11 mos.
8/ 06 PET mets lymphs, neck
9/ 06 Navelbine/herceptin
11/ 06 PET NED
2/ 07 skin mets, 4/07 Xeloda, 5/07 add Tykerb
2/ 08 Tykerb failed. Doxil /Herceptin 6 months
8/08 PET skin mets, 8/08 Abraxane/Avastin
11/ 08 PET prog., skin mets
1/09 PET/CT progress, 1/09 Ixempra, 2/09 add Xeloda and low dose Naltrexone
2/09 off Ixempra/Xeloda
3/09 navelbine/herc/cytoxin 4/09 PET shows regress.7/09 start Topotecan. Failed.
8/09 extensive mets rgt brst, back and torso. starting Pazopanib clinical trial.
vickie h is offline   Reply With Quote