View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 11:53 PM   #1
Sherryg683

Recommend any good books

I am trying to make the best to understand all of this that's going on, with my friend dying of cancer, my brother and several other people that I am dealing with that are terminal at the moment, I am just looking for some hope or answers, spritual, physical or something that I can "bite"into to help me get through this. 2-1/2 years ago, I was told I was terminal. By the grace of God, I am still here and currently NED, scans coming up have me very nervous. I would just like to come to a peace inside to where I will be able to deal with what happens, if the other shoe does drop. I've read "Why bad things happen to Good People" I have read "One minute after you die", I have read many books about spirtual contact with the passed. I seem to be obcessed to find out what's out there waiting, if I kick the bucket. I have ordered the book "dying well" but haven't read it. I've read "more than a carpenter" about jesus and the "truth about jesus". If any of you have had any book deeply affect the way you have delt with this journey, please share this with me. I have got to try and make some sense of all this. The though of telling my l0 year old daugher that mom might not be around to raise her has got me so afraid and searching. I've got to lve and I've go to find something, maybe some good books to help me through it. I don't know if it's just me but there's not many people around me that even want to talk about what I'm going through...I'm just suppose to be fine and cruising along....sherryg683

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote