View Single Post
Old 07-05-2006, 08:14 AM   #4
RhondaH

Smile Lynn...Where in Michigan are you?

I'm in Grand Rapids. The FOUNDER of this board had brain 8 years after being Stage 1 (Stage 1 1990- Stage 4 1998...I believe these dates are right) and is STILL a survivor and you are and will be to. The Thurs Herceptin group I get Herceptin w/ consists of 2 Stage 4 (and have been for several years). Not only do you have Herceptin available to you, but NOW you can get Tykerb on a compassionate basis if Herceptin doesn't work...in a stupid way...your LUCKY to be HER2+. If I can be of any help, please don't hesitate to ask and READ all the Stage 4 survival stories on the board (as well as know that there are a lot that are NOT on the board) AND understand that treatment is CONSTANTLY changing so a lot can change in those 5 years. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

PS...My onc is Mark Campbell of Cancer and Hematology and he is the head of all of Spectrum Health cancer facilities...he is AWESOME.

Dx 2/1/05, Stage 1, 0 nodes, Grade 3, ER/PR-, HER2+ (3.16 Fish)
2/7/05, Partial Mastectomy
5/18/05 Finished 6 rounds of dose dense TEC (Taxotere, Epirubicin and Cytoxan)
8/1/05 Finished 33 rads
8/18/05 Started Herceptin, every 3 weeks for a year (last one 8/10/06)

2/1/13...8 year Cancerversary and I am "perfect" (at least where cancer is concerned;)

" And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by RhondaH; 07-05-2006 at 08:16 AM.. Reason: addition
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote