View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 05:11 PM   #5
geraldine

Hi Kat, like you I have one breast removed and feel a bit..no, a lot, lopsided...!!
Being divorced and single when this happened to me, caused me more problems than i would have thought...!
I was a very outgoing person, full of fun, loved life and was very confident.
After my diagnosis, mastectomy and discovering, i couldn't have a reconstruction, I found myself unable to get into a relationship. I am not a youngster (54) but I still have feelings. I went out with a really nice guy (dinner, theatre etc) but found myself facing this brick wall that I had built up around myself, and could not get over it
My friend was very patient with me but in the end it was me who ended the relationship.
To let you know how this affects me.... i.e.
When I come out of the shower and see myself in the mirror, I cringe. How then can I get into a relationship, cos I think that whoever sees me like this, will feel the same..
I know this has left me with some personal problems and I try to deal with them, but it is hard.
My mastectomy was Aug 2001. I have been told, because my secondary was on my chest wall 2003, my surgeon would not be happy doing the reconstruction..
How do I feel about it.......... If they dont do the reconstruction then I would rather have my right breasr removed also !!!!!!
I realy feel, losing the other boob would make me feel more balanced and sane. Every time I see my one and only boob in the mirror, it reminds me of my Cancer and how deformed I now am
I am sorry for going on, just feeling a bit down and no better way to express yourself than this forum
God Bless
Geraldine x
geraldine is offline   Reply With Quote