View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 09:07 PM   #16
Jedrik

Re: Felling so alone . . .

Hi Peg,
I've got multicentric cancer in my breast, too. The two bigger knots where biopsied, both were Her2 positive. So, like you I'm scheduled for a mastectomie. But I do chemo first.
Here I am definitely chiming in with @agness: Her2-cancer cells are very motil, which means they get far early. So, to me too, the obvious solution is to hit them with all you've got as fast as you can.
For me this meant: Diagnosed by gyn on 17th septeber 2015 "This can't be good". Mammogramm on 21st, biopsy on 22nd, results 24th. Then multiple scans for staging. Commenced chemo on 19th october - just a month after gyn's first glimpse at the problem.
Now I can see those tumors shrink. so I know this treatment is right for me. Great feeling, very reassuring. Even if that breast still has to go, I'm next to sure, that all the margins will be clear or have mostly dead cancer cells and scaring which ups the prognosis quite a bit.
Still, you're an adult and as such you make your own decissions as you are the one who know best what she can cope with. Keep us posted, please.
Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote