View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #9
chekmark

Re: 4th chemo Taxotere/Herceptin having trouble

I did not experience the joint pain until later with the herceptin but it was so uncomfortable, but I remember wanting to quit chemo after the third as well due to just feeling so stinking crappy and miserable. I never got sick but felt well I cannot actually explain how I felt but it was horrible.You all know. Then I had #4 and then 5 and then 6 and then it was over and a huge sigh of relief. I found for me it was alot of mind over matter, as I neared the end I found it alot easier, maybe cuz I knew is was nearing the end. I hope it gets easier for you. I would hesitate on telling my oncologist or staff stuff cuz I didn't want any set backs or trips to the hospital, when I did tell them they would always tell me that is normal and what to do. It helped. You need to be comfortable. Cancer treatment does so much to us and I am still discovering things everyday. It sucks. I recently had a cold and it took 2 weeks to shake it, minor compared to what others have gone thru but I used to shake a cold in 3 or 4 days tops. Bonnie said once that she thinks we should be exempt, I agree. Hope you are feeling better soon. Darlene
DX Sept 30 2010 at the age of 49. Oh crap! 1.5 cm idc, stage 1 grade 3 er/pr+, her2+ no lymph nodes, mastectomy Oct/10. Started 6 rounds of TCH Dec/10 and will continue herceptin until Nov /11 and just started femara.
Stray kitten found my lump while I was playing with it. It is now my pet and my dog is not real happy about that.
Mammo good
last herceptin 11/21/11 YAY
reconstruction 12/09/11
Chapter closed 12/10/11, hopefully, fingers crossed
Bone scan, chest xray, clear
04/27/12 Expander removed, implant put in, ahh sigh of relief, much more comfortable
Sept 30, 2014, 4 years NED
chekmark is offline   Reply With Quote