View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 10:56 AM   #40
Colleens_Husband

Re: Wouldn't we all be better off without this person?

"I hope you get cancer again"

That quote is from the crazy lady across the street. She said it to Colleen on the Fourth of July.

We were lighting off legal fireworks in front of our house and the crazy lady across the street came home. Usually when she hears fireworks, she comes running out of her house, usually without clothes on, and yells obscene things to the entire neighborhood, so we weren't real pleased to see her car pulling into her driveway.

She really is crazy. Not just sort of crazy but bull-goose, moonbeam, acorn fed boar hog, bat doot, loony toons crazy. She was featured on the O'Reilly Factor on a segment about cities which cannot outlaw public nudity. She has a phobia about plastic and believes she is the only sane person in the world because she is the only person on the planet who doesn't have plastic seeping into her skin, moving up to her brain and telling her what to do.

Anyways, she came home as we were cleaning up the fireworks mess and she made some snarky comment like, "Lighting toxic substances on fire, now that's real intelligent!" Beings how we get this sort of comment on a regular basis, our family answered in unison, "You smoke, don't you?" (She does but she insists that she only smokes healthy organic tobacco.) She went away for a few moments and we thought that was the end of it. She came over to Colleen and says, "I hope you get cancer again!" and off she went.

I am almost never at a loss for words. But I cannot think of an uglier thought than to wish anyone get cancer. I wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy. Maybe Kim Jong Il or Bob Ahmedinijad just because the world would be safer place and it would ease personal suffering in their countries, but certainly not anyone else.

And to wish that on Colleen, that is just ludicrous. Colleen is one of the most mild-mannered, even tempered persons I have ever met. I have never met a single person who couldn't get along with Colleen.

So, I do not wish harm on the mentally ill, but comments like that are beyond any bounds of common decency.

Is hoping for a little bit of Karma or cosmic justice wrong of me? Probably, and this poor lady is tormented enough already. But the ugly sentiment behind the comment makes me wish this person would move ....... to some other planet.

Diagnosed in September 2007
ER-/PR-/HER2 Neu+++ 2.1 cm x .9 cm spicluted tumor with three fingers, Stage 2B
Sentinal node biopsy and lymph node removal with 3/18 positive in October 2007
4 TAC infusions
lumpectomy March 2008, bad margins
Re-excision on June 3rd, 2008 with clean margins
Fitted for compression sleeve July 16, 2008
Started the first of two TCH infusions August 14, 2008
Done with chemo and now a member of the blue dot club 9/17/08
Starting radiation October 1, 2008
life is still on hold
Colleens_Husband is offline   Reply With Quote