View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 07:25 PM   #27
Colleens_Husband

Sorry for dredging this thread out of the morgue, but when I see someone doing something evil, I don't just sit around. I make snarky comments about them. So there!

Today's candidate to be banished from this planet is Christina Erteszek who was selling special bras which are supposed to promote breast health and according to her web site, prevent breast cancer. The bra has dozens of lumpy things all over it and it is supposed to massage the breast and provide better lymphatic circulation. The bras sell for $71 dollars and are called The Brassage. I know, I thought I should put Ms. Erteszek's head into a toaster as soon as I heard the name. Anyways, several breast health experts including Dr. Susan Love, said the bras were useless and they were also exploitive in that they played on women's fears and may actually provide a false sense of security. No medical doctor could be found that would suggest that the Brassage had any effect whatsoever. So, for trying to make a buck off of the misery of women with breast cancer, I nominate Christina Erteszek for the hand grenade eating contest.

Oh yeah, the brassage makes it look like the wearer is smuggling marshmallows. I'm just saying.............

Diagnosed in September 2007
ER-/PR-/HER2 Neu+++ 2.1 cm x .9 cm spicluted tumor with three fingers, Stage 2B
Sentinal node biopsy and lymph node removal with 3/18 positive in October 2007
4 TAC infusions
lumpectomy March 2008, bad margins
Re-excision on June 3rd, 2008 with clean margins
Fitted for compression sleeve July 16, 2008
Started the first of two TCH infusions August 14, 2008
Done with chemo and now a member of the blue dot club 9/17/08
Starting radiation October 1, 2008
life is still on hold
Colleens_Husband is offline   Reply With Quote