View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 03:53 PM   #17
LittleLegos

Hey Ladies,

Thanks for all your replies! I wasn't getting email updates, so I just checked. It will be interesting to see how the hair thing works out. I wish I could just know...but I guess I will soon enough. It does look like a good amount of hair loss is a guarentee. My family thinks a wig is a good idea and the one I have picked out looks pretty good. I worked with a local stylist who specializes in wigs. She had a bunch I could touch and look at. I chose a human hair wig that feels like my hair. The color match is pretty good too, I'm a red hed and it's really close. Another thing is both my kids LOVE to touch and play with my hair. I even have thoughts of cutting my hair in pony tails to salvage as much as possible for the kids... I will wait a little to see how the loss goes though.

I just had my second infusion today and feel pretty good. Last week was good. I just had some tired days, a bit of intestional discomfort, and minor hip pain. I was able to do my regular schedule except for the day after treatment. I layed around most of that day.

Thanks again and I'll visit you all more frequently now!

12/29/06 DCIS dx grade 2-3 with necrosis and focal early microinvasion
2/7/07 Partial Mastectomy and Sentinel Node Biopsy
2/18/07 dx .6cm IDC with DCIS 1.4cm, grade 2 ER-PR-HER2+++
neg nodes (3 taken), clean margins
3/20/07 Start 12 weekly Taxol - Herceptin, more Herceptin to follow
LittleLegos is offline   Reply With Quote