View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 11:04 PM   #8
Mel3

Re: CHRISTINE ~ New Issue ~ Please Input

Hello Steph and Danielle,

I am experiencing this same issue with a dear friend. She says it is strange because she does not have hunger pains even though she barely eats for days and weeks at a time. I think most of my friend's issue is pain management. Now that her pain is under control she has started to eat and her weight stabilized from the last appointment. Is Christine in pain? When my friend has times of not wanting to eat I bring her milkshakes and she enjoys them. She does not like Ensure and one time I made a high protein shake and she drank it, but didn't enjoy that either. There is a certain brand of Greek yogurt that has the fruit mixture on the side, I cannot think of the brand, but my friend liked it and it was a good source of protein which she definitely needed. If sweets are appealing then it is the best place to start, the main goal is calories at this point. I understand your dilemma and wish you success. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am sincerely grateful for your family creating this site, it is a lifesaver for all of us.
Mastectomy 8/18 nodes+
Taxol/Herceptin x 4
35 rads
Continue Herceptin for 1 year
Mel3 is offline   Reply With Quote