Thread: In 25 minutes
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 03:43 PM   #12
Joy

well color me surprised

Thank you so much for all the vibes-i think they helped. The E/C/H combo has caused regression of liver activity by 30-40%. I am pleased, as is the doc. So since I had 4 Epirubicins recently and 4 Adrias in 2000 she thought instead of waiting until progression on E/C/H and run the anthracycline option out due to lifetime maximum we would start Tykerb again, but with herceptin. And I believe that is the 4 pills, rather than 5-right gals? And I have to refresh my memory-is that empty or full stomach? And I have to remember if I prefered night or day last time. I know there are threads I can look up. I did not have much of an issue with diarrhea when I was on the tykerb/xeloda mix, but we will see with this. So that is the current plan. As you know there is some good data on the combination. What we are a little unsure of is the fact that I have progressed on both in other combinations, but she said that shouldn't exclude the potential for this combo to work. If any of you have had this experience, I would love to know. As in, had you had H then progression and T and then prgression, but then combined them.

My oncs office has started doing phase I trials in addition to later phase trials and the first one they are offering is for CX-4945. I think it is a targeted therapy for solid tumors. They have 2 people on it so far in the dose escalation phase, both older men, one with prostate and one with lung. So far so good for tolerating. This is a cohort study so other facilities are/will be participating. May be something to look into for someone and we are keeeping it in ouir back pocket for now.

So, again, thank you to everyone for your support and thoughts and more coming your way from me.

dx stage I 2/2000*er/pr+; her- per IHC*lumpectomy*4 rounds A/C*30 rads*tamoxifen*dx stage 4 5/2002*huge mets to liver*tiny mets to lungs*stopped tamoxifen*5/02 taxotere/xeloda*her 2 checked with FiSH-her2+++herceptin *2/03 stopped chemo femara w/herceptin*zolodex*04 switched to aromasin w/herceptin*05 high estrogen tx*11/05taxol/carbo*7/06 stopped chemo; megace/herceptin*9/06navelbine/herceptin*5/07tykerb/xeloda great response*4/08 progression in liver; ooph/ faslodex /herceptin
6/08 began Herceptin DM-1
9/08 progression
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote