View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 11:32 AM   #6
snolan

Re: help me help her

I finished by TCH in Dec. As stated above it is very doable. You will find the infusion nurses are very helpful, they create a very relaxing enviornment during treatment. I would bring music to listen to as the benadryl she gets will make her very sleepy. Like everyone stated the time leading up to treatment seems the most over whelming but once you get started it will fly by. One of those things you have to experience before you understand. You and your mom will have a new normal with appointments and treatments, these too get less as time goes on. This past year for me has flown by. I get my last Herceptin treatment Aug 26th and it seems like this last one is taking forever to get here. Hope everything goes smoothly, keep us posted as this is a great sight to vent your frustrations or fears. We are all here to give you and your mom as much good support as possible. Good luck.
Tamox.
25 radiation tx
Removal of expander on L due to infection. Tried to save it had 3 bouts of antibiotics and went to see plastic surgeon 2-3x wk to get drained. Saving it was my idea not his. But lost it anyway.
Reconstruction set for December 21st,2011
Finished chemo 12/2010
Finished Herceptin 8/26/11
Reconstruction 12/21/11
Expanders exchanged for silicon 3/19/12
Nipple reconstruction 5/18/12
Nipple tatooing- 7/9/12- All done yay!
11/22/12-Went back to get scar tissue stretched to even the outside of breast, didn't work due to it being radiated skin.
snolan is offline   Reply With Quote