View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 07:54 AM   #13
Darlene Denise

Pattyz:

They made the "head cradle" and it was hard. It wasn't uncomfortable during treatment and fortunately no pain from it.

I enjoyed your pictures on the bcmets picture trail! You have been so kind to offer your info when I reached out on bcmets about my new brain mets dx. Thank you from me and my family!!

I have a friend who was dx with mets to the liver in 1997 at age 37, tough treatments for first year and half, then herceptin became available and had her under complete control unitl 2002 when one brain met poped up. She had gamma and they convinced her to do WBR for any micros. She didn't tolerate WBR well and was out of work for 6 months. She has short term memory problems and her ability to concentrate has been steadly diminishing over the past 6 years. She has to take Aderall everyday. She wishes she hadn't gone with WBR, but we'll never know if WBR is why she has not had any reoccurance.

I know I am rolling the dice with Cyerknife since I have 8 mets and all the docs recommended WBR. Not sure what way I want to go with adding Tykerb and or Xeloda, Temador to my Herceptin. I have read several mixed reviews from this site and bcmets. I see my onc on Monday and hope I can find a plan I feel good about.

I think I recall that you were having some vertigo issues.
We were referring to it as crap on a cracker. How are things for you now? Hope the crap slid off your cracker!

Alot of my energy comes from gals like you!! I'm following and learning right behind you, girlfriend!!!!!!!

LOL...Darlene in Virginia Beach
Darlene Denise is offline   Reply With Quote