View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 06:52 PM   #1
Melinda

Smile Taxotere and Carboplatin Side effects

Ok it was "d-day" today. My onc has suggested Taxotere and carboplatin accompanied by herceptin, 1 round every 3 weeks for 6 courses. All that I have read indicates this for mets but I have none. He says that this combination will decrease the possiblity of having any heart damage. Does anyone else have a treatment plan similar? I know there will be hair loss and I can deal with that... after all Brittany Spears just made baldness a fashion statement . What I am very concerned about is the fatigue and my blood cell counts. What can be done on a proactive manner to keep energy levels and blood cells counts to where they should be? I work in a retirement community and senior citizens have their share of illness. Someone suggested Emend? What about those TV adds on Procrit and Neulasta? Has anybody tried any of these?
Anxious for any info. I can not begin to tell you how grateful I am for this support group. Just when my surgeon and radiologist said this would be a walk in t he park...that damn HER2+ showed up. Onco was 23. Just like everything else, my onc siad that I am in the middle of the road for treatment. No clinical trials being such an early stage, but his concern with the HER2 made my mind up that chemo is a must. I want to fight this with everything I have
Thank you all
Melinda
Melinda is offline   Reply With Quote