Thread: More waiting -
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 10:41 PM   #1
jones7676

Location: I live in Christmas, MI - located on the shores of Lake Superior.
Thumbs down More waiting -

Update:

The Chicago brain doctor called me late this afternoon after reviewing all my records and MRI's etc. He hoped to verbally be able to tell me if there was something that could be done down here.

However, the call was MUCH different. The hospital that assured me that everything up to date in the package they gave me that I sent ahead, was missing the post surgery note from the brain surgeon and the most recent (Feb) MRI....so I have to call there tomorrow and ask them to ship it to arrive on Thursday morning and he will review it immediately upon arrival.

I cannot help but feel anger and frustration...at the hosptial. I have no control over it - nor do you - just wanted you to know why I continue to feel anger, fear, etc. yet still I continue to keep going on my fight and hope which returns eventually or I wouldn't be trying!

Just wanted to share this with people who would understand perhaps. My children continue to be wonderful, patient and supportive and I have no idea how I could cope with this without them!

Of course this site and the people on it are a great diversion as I think of others instead of myself (which is positive).

Once again tonight I have to tell all of you thanks again!

10/03 Radical Mastectomy 3 cm tumor - 1/17 Nodes Stage II B, Her 2 +++ ER-/PR- 11/03 4 AC 4 Taxol 12/05 Stage IV - Lung met , Bone mets - Carbo, Taxotere, Herceptin 9/06 - 2 cm brain tumor 10/06 - Tumor removal surgery - Herceptin Halted 12/06 gamma knife tumor base.1/07 Navelbine/Herceptin 4/07 Rads to R femur 5/07 Stereotactic - new 2 cm brain tumor 4/07 Start Xeloda 5/07 Tykerb added 7/07 Brain MRI clean 10/07 .055 cm brain met found. 12/07 Stereotactic -1 cm brain tumor Start Tykerb 11/07 Abraxane/Herceptin 5/08 Cisplatin, Gemcitabine/Herceptin 6/08 Stereotactic to 1cm 9/08 Stereotactic repeat (growth). 11/08 Pet Scan Good but new tiny met on L lung/dead Brain surgery (no cancer cells found/scar tissue) 1/09 Chemo restarted 2/09 Pet Scan Bad - R larger very active/active L active lymph nodes both sides of chest MRI- mets slight increase 2/09 Start Doxil/Tykerb Treatment
jones7676 is offline   Reply With Quote