View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 07:47 PM   #11
Lani

Re: just placed on hospice

I believe Dr. Mark Pegram who worked hand-in-hand with Dr. Slamon moved to Miami about two years ago. Where in Florida are you?

There used to be a famous Dr. Charles(?) Vogel, also in Florida who was famous for treating people with unusual combinations of agents for breast cancer ie, he did not always go by the book, but had good results. Perhaps he would take the time to go over what you have had, what other agents might be combined in innovative ways and try to help.

At ASCO there was a poster on imiquimod(Sp?), I think combined with another agent, for skin mets--will try to find it for you.

Could you call your local American Cancer Society? It is filled with lots of volunteers who will even drive you to another distant city to get a second opinion. After all that has happened to you, I would think they would find volunteers to provide all sorts of support for you

You are not alone. Keep reaching out.

By the way, at ASCO they showed a chart of how people did with first, second, third, fourth and fifth...line therapy after becoming stage IV. Most got little more time after fourth line....except her2s some of whom did well with fifth, sixth, seventh line. Very few doctors stayed for this talk as it was one of the last on the last half day. It is too bad your doctor was in Florida dashing your hopes --perhaps should have gone to ASCO and heard all the hopeful news on her2+ breast cancer
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote