View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 06:44 AM   #4
Lena59

Post Re: ALTTO Trial - Herceptin / Tykerb

Dear all,
I am taking part in the medical study comparing Herceptin + Xyloda vs Herceptin + Tyverb. I have finished one cycle (3 months) and scans revealed that 2 of 5 mets in lungs have shrunk and the other 3 are stable
I started on a dose of 4150 mg Xyloda but side effects were too severe; swollen dry hands, blisters under my feet, blisters in my mouth... After another try with 3150 I am now on 2150 mg and allthough it is tuff I think I can manage the two weeks this time.
I have no severe side effects from Herceptin, (which was given to me for one year when first treated for BC in 2008) but Xyloda is tuff. It makes me really tired and lethargic, I get sad and very sensitive after just a few days into the cycle. I have considered quitting the study - and Xeloda - a few times as I just can't bear to take it, but since results show it is effective I keep taking it and now only 2 more days of these 2 weeks, then one whole week's break - yes! My psychologist has said it is not uncommon to have these depressions due to Xeloda. I think it is good to be prepared for that and to realize that it really is due to the medication. I feel really strong and positive while having the break from it! I am starting taking anti depressants now to balance the ups and downs...
All the best to you all!
Lena
in Sweden
Lena59 is offline   Reply With Quote