View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 01:07 PM   #7
Susan M(PA)

Thanks ladies for all your kind support and suggestions. I'm surprised more woman are not having trouble with depression with Herceptin, but then again I didn't relate it to Herceptin on the first two courses.
This is my third since 2003.

I'm in early menopause,hypothyroidism and chronic Lyme disease since the 1980's as well as allergies and asthma. Mild asthma is difficult to control without steroid so docs avoid this med is possible. My case is definitely "unique" as my onco calls it. I feel like I'm in a no man's land most of the time.

I'm waiting on a call back from a licensed naturopath for some ideas, she's reviewing my case. I'm researching the antidepressants carefully. Many work when well, but only when I'm on steroid with chemo, otherwise all sorts of side effects. Currently taking a low dose of amitriptyline (Elavil) which doesn't help my depression without making me drowsy. I think my depression is probably hormonal and Herceptin related, as well as "my reality" so will keep you posted if I find a better way.

Thanks much,

Susan M(PA)
Susan M(PA) is offline   Reply With Quote