View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 02:24 PM   #2
Andi

The symptoms you are having are not uncommon for users of this combo. From previous posts regarding these side effects, sometimes it requires your doctor to adjust your dosage down. I have the occaisonal diarrhea but if I take an immodium, that gets things back in control. I am participating in a study for the hand/foot syndrome and am taking 200mg daily of B6 (or a placeabo) and applying a "urea/lactic based topical keratolytic" cream (or a placeabo) to the palms of my hands and soles of my feet twice a day. So far I have not had any symptoms of hand/foot syndrome but I am just completing day 14 of the X/T combo, and I understand this may not show up until the next cycle. I have a lot of fatique, my nurse that calls regarding the study says she has heard a lot of that from the participants. I also seem to have a queezy stomach, not quite nauseous, but almost. I hope when you meet with your doctor tomorrow, he will be able to help you treat some of these side effects and that you will be able to continue with treatment, but maybe at a lower dosage.
Diagnosed 6/30/05
Lumpectomy 7/13/05
Dose Dense A/C x 4
Weekly Taxol + Herceptin x 12
Remainder of year Herceptin Every 3 weeks (completes 9/13/06)
Radiation completed 2/28/06
Currently on Tamoxifen
Dec 06 - Pleural effusion treated with pleurodesis
Now er/pr-, her2++
1/07 started weekly Navelbine plus Herceptin
Discontinued Tamoxifen
4/27/07 CTshowed progression
5/01/07 Began Tykerb/Xeloda + Zometa
5/22/07 Stopped treatment due to great progression
Andi is offline   Reply With Quote