View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 05:30 AM   #3
Karen Wheel

Re: Question about Vitamin C

I know nothing about this study --- I'm not sure why anyone would want to cut out Vitamin C. All the diet and nutrition books (and most the website information I have read) also the Naturopath that I consulted --- all say lots of Vit C is very important for us fighting cancer.

Cancer Battle Plan Sourcebook talks of 5,000-10,000 mg per day ---
Dr. Gerson's Diet Plan - they have 13 fresh juices done daily (one is straight orange) and they add another 1.5 gm (1,500 mg) of Vit C on top.
Beating Diet with Nutrition talks about Vit C...

So, after consulting with my Naturopath --- I settled into taking 5,000 a day (powdered in my fresh juice)--- plus I know I get more in natural format in the fresh fruits and vegetables I eat and juice.

I would like to read what they are talking about in this study - it could be the type of Vit C that is ingested.

From the book " The Gerson Therapy - The Amazing Nutritional Program for Cancer and other Illnesses by Charlotte Gerson: "Inasmuch as the Gerson diet contains large amounts of natural vit C a routine daily supplementation with this vitamin should not be necessary, however, Vit C is the prime nutrient when it comes to overall support of the immune system. Vit C is used supplementally as a tool for fighting infection, and as part of a pain-relieving triad of natural and nontoxic medications. It also offsets free radical pathology created by the administration of chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
The Gerson Therapy's dose of vitamin C cones in orally administered crystalline (powdered) form such as Bronson's Vitamin C in an amount of 1 to 1.5 grams per day. NEVER use calcium or sodium ascorbate, since these two particular products will bring about serious detrimental effects. High doses of intravenous vitamin C are associated with long-term survival in patients with a variety of cancers, even after the tumors have metastasized." (the book then footnotes to Null, G. The Complete Encyclopedia of Natural Healing, New York Kensington Books, 1998, p.102.

I have also read a LOT that Vitamin C is a miracle worker - that high doses are not dangerous and can be linked to recovery from many immune system disease ---

I vote to use it - and not sparingly!

Karen
3-09 – Right Quadrantectomy. Clear margins.
3 lymph nodes taken - all clear
Tumor results: Stage 1, 1.5 cm, Her2 +++
Est positive 80% - Prog 10% - Ki67 postive 30%
4-09 – Became a vegan! pH balance of body - cancer can't grow in neutral pH!
4-09 Started Herceptin & Chemo (9 weeks of Navelbine *)
* FYI - when coupled with Herceptin has the same results as more toxic chemo. No brainer!
8-09 - 30 RADS
9-09 - Said NO to hormone therapy
4-10 Finished Herceptin!!!!

7-10 PET Scan & other exams .... All clear! YIPPEE!!!!
11-10 Breast, organ Ultrasounds and lung x-rays all clear no changes ... NED!

2-25-2011 --- 2 years from surgery and NED!!!!!!
7-2011 Clear bone scan and full body and head MRI! NED! NED! NED! ;-)[/SIZE]
Karen Wheel is offline   Reply With Quote