View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 07:48 PM   #7
Heathcliff4

Re: Still severe afternoon fatigue daily after 4monthsTCH, 6months Herceptin only.

I finished Herceptin in November 2014 and was absolutely crushed with fatigue by that point (which was 13 months after my initial diagnosis of stage 11b idc). I had reconstruction in January 2015 and have only felt really good for the last couple of weeks. If you are taking tamoxifen or an AI, that really adds to the fatigue/pain and chemobrain (at least it did for me). I kept thinking, "WHY AM I STILL SO TIRED??" It was making me insane, really. I even called my nurse and asked if she thought I had liver mets because I was so exhausted all the time.

My oncologist admits that even though Herceptin isn't "supposed" to make you exhausted, it absolutely does. If you think about the fact that you have to have regular muga studies of your heart, how could it not??

I decided to stop taking tamoxifen and then Exemestane because the chemobrain was too severe for me. I stopped just as I finished my last Herceptin. My issues have improved probably 80%.

Hang in there. I gets significantly better and you aren't crazy for feeling so exhausted.

Kathryn
Heathcliff4 is offline   Reply With Quote