View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #13
evlin75

Re: "Affordable" Care Act

Censorship of free expression of worries and concerns is never the right answer.
I think the care act may end up working for all at some point. I hope so. The drug program is not perfect either.
Since I am on Medicare and older none of the ACA effects my personal situation. I don't get the protections either.
However I pay big money each month to have full coverage of doctor and hospital insurance. Then extra for dental and drug coverage. Eye and ear care out of pocket. Besides medicare takes over $100 out of my social security each month.
The local hospital raised its prices over 5 % while social security was increased 1.5, so I pay the price for coverage as I have savings and a home I would not want in jeopardy.
So far my daughter in Florida still has the same coverage. But only one plan was available to her as a supplement to Medicare when she had to purchase.
I had full free coverage prior to the General Motors bankruptcy engineered by the Whitehouse. Part of the workers UAW kept their lifetime health coverage and part of us IUE/CWA lost our life time coverage. I chose an insurance company that offered a decent price to have them more than double the price after I was enrolled and they knew I could not change. The guarantee of not being able to be accepted by another company does not extend to me.
So yes, I think it is OK to talk about it.
evlin75 is offline   Reply With Quote