View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 12:32 AM   #3
Lien

Re: When to stop treatment (asking for my dad)

Oh Marcia, I'm so sorry.

I was going to write that probably the doctors were right. My cousin died of bladder cancer and as her husband was struggling with colon cancer, she did everything she could to stay alive. It was horrible. She was in excruciating pain that no pain meds would touch. I thought at the time it was a blessing wen she finally passed.

I hope they were able to give your father a relatively pain-free last couple of days and that he was ready to go. I am very sorry though that you weren't there to say goodbye.

As he was there for you when you were going through cancer treatment, I am assuming you were very close. I am sure he knew you were with him in spirit. Love knows no distance or barriers. It is there in your heart. If everything is unsure, that love, that bond you have, makes the pain and suffering more bearable.

I hope you find peace.

Love

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote