View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 01:55 PM   #10
nancymarie

My symptoms with Herceptin

I am only on Herceptin right now so no other chemotherapy or other treatment is causing these problems.

1. Very bad sinus issues: Dry nose, bleeding nose, congestion or nose dripping - I can hardly breathe at night. My doctor subscribed Allegra and it helped a little.

2. I feel like my energy level is not like it used to be.

3. Weight gain. It seems like since I have been on Herceptin, I have gained about 40 lbs. I started Herceptin on 12/9/05 for 1 year at my request.
I can't blame Herceptin totally for the weight gain, but it seems like I also feel more like a slug and don't exercise as much as I used too, etc. I used to be able to wake up and exercise right away. I have to give myself now at least 30 minutes for my nose to clear up, etc. I also tend to overeat when I am "not feeling that great" and this is how I feel on Herceptin.

4. Pimples. Although they were worse during the first couple of infusions.

5. Mouth Sores. I got them a couple of times (on my inner cheeks and inside my lower lip area).

6. Not thinking as clearly as I used to.

7. Acid reflux.

8. Blurred vision or dry eyes. I had lasik done, but it seems like my dry eye problem is worse now and I even had blurry vision the other day.

I think Herceptin is a miracle drug, but there are alot of side effects to cope with.

I get my Herceptin treatments every 3 weeks - for 30 minutes each infusion.

***IDC, Stage IIB, Her2/NEU 3+, ER/PR - and I requested Herceptin after reading the results of the trials***

Age 48

My last chemo was in 2003. My last menstrual cycle was in 2002 when I started AC so that put me into menopause.

and I'm also a Genentech stock holder!

Last edited by nancymarie; 05-10-2006 at 11:06 AM..
nancymarie is offline   Reply With Quote