View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 07:27 PM   #10
jml

Re: anemic, lethargic and cooooold!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions & advice.
My doc wants to do another set of labs to check iron levels and such before we consider shots/transfusion.
I'm sure a Tykerb dose reduction would help, but I really don't want to do that since scans are only 2 weeks away & I want to sprint to the finish!
So in the meantime, I'll try to get as much iron as I can via foods vs. supplements as I just don't want to risk constipation.I had some major problems with that issue before when the nodes in my belly were pressing on my bowels & causing some serious back up. Fortunately, the Tykerb/Herceptin seems to have shrunk the nodes, so things have gotten better. But now there's the opposite Tykerb issue that I'm currently struggling with.Ugh!
I'll be totally honest with you guys - I really wish they would just give me a shot or a transfusion, because between getting a head-rush from jumping up to run to the bathroom, being short of breath by the time I get there, dealing with the GI issues, then having to lie down under a pile of blankets because I'm freezing & exhausted from the entire episode, it's all really getting on my nerves!
I guess you just have to find the humor in it all...

Keeping the Faith, though sometimes it's hard!

Jessica
jml is offline   Reply With Quote