View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 11:30 AM   #5
novakoski

Thanks, Cindy, for the positive thoughts and wishes. Am scheduled for an operative biopsy for a mass along my original mastectomy incision line on Monday 6-9. My surgical ocologist doesn't really think much about it, but neither of us thought much about the 2 masses in the same area last December and they turned out positive for adenocarcinoma consistent with the primary. I had been off Herceptin for over 6 months at the time. After so many years with this accursed disease, I tend to get paranoid about anything out of the ordinary and consider all masses guilty until proven otherwise.

Sounds as though you have great hopes for a positive outcome as you were able to receive the Herceptin right off the bat. When I was first diagnosed in 2000, it wasn't approved by the FDA for first time tumors. I don't waste time or effort wondering what I might have been spared had I been able to receive it on first diagnosis. Important thing is my hope that it hangs in there and I don't become resistant to its positive effects.

I send you good thoughts and my encouragement for your own well being. All us HER2+ folks gotta hang together.

Regards,
Novakoski
novakoski is offline   Reply With Quote