View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 07:25 AM   #41
Ceesun

Re: Positive stories, please come out of the woods

Bejuce, I am stage four since I was diagnosed with a lung met in 2006 and have been in treatment for much of the time since then-currently, herceptin-tykerb. I, too, worry and go through the "what if' scenarios--and when I read of our men and women here whom we have lost it bothers me more than I can express. I wonder why some do so very well and others do not....But let me say this to you, with the hope that it provides comfort. I was diagnosed 27 years ago with thyroid cancer. I went through surgery and radiation for that. I realize now that I actually had it while pregnant with my first daughter. It was slow growing and was not accurately diagnosed until she was three. Looking back, I was somewhat lucky as it was slow growing and small...but cancer is still cancer.... I went through the same feelings you describe back then especially about my daughter. My daughter will be 30 in a few weeks, I also have a 3 year old grandson, and went on to have another child. So, I guess we do the best we can with our circumstance and move along in our lives. That is what I try to do with my current situation...hope this helps a little. Ceesun
Ceesun is offline   Reply With Quote