View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 09:42 AM   #5
'lizbeth

Re: First vaccine at Mayo yesterday

Little bumps? I didn't have any reaction to the first injection of vaccine. My body just ignored it, whatever.

When the injections included the GM - CSF I had huge red circles. I'm such an overachiever, lol. My body just didn't care for the Leukine at all.

I knowingly got the vaccine a second time. I don't remember the reaction. I think I'm a slow learner. I don't believe I had much of a reaction in the skin. Hopefully the blood draw showed a big reaction inside. I'll never know, but hopefully I gave some researchers enough information to take cancer treatment to the next level.

So excited for your MC1136 trial participation! #8 Phase 1 - you are a pioneer. Yep, without you Mayo couldn't move the research from the lab to the patient. Small, heck no, you are a huge part of moving treatment forward.

You Rock, JillaryJill!

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote