View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 11:15 AM   #14
SusanV

Louise,

I had my first chemo in the vein, and the port placement was done the following week. Like you it was just a scheduling problem for them to do it any other way. I really agree with what some of the others have said. I just had my 4th A/C yesterday, and here I am at work today really feeling fine. By Friday and Saturday I start to feel a little yucky, but recover by laying around over the weekend. For me like some of the others the pre-meds and the antinausa meds that I take for 3 days after the chemo keep me feeling pretty descent. I really think you will be fine to get the port done the next day. My port procedure took about an hour, and I was awake for the entire procedure...no pain though during the procedure or after it was over..just took a little getting used to, but now I don't the port a second thought until it's time to use it. Also remember, if for some reason you are not up to it the next day, call and reschedule. I assume you may be getting your chemo every three weeks??? That would give you a window of time to reschedule before you needed your next chemo..Just a thought !

GOOD LUCK TO YOU..You are going to do just fine !
ER/PR + (Highly Positive)
Her 2 +++
1.3 & 1.2 tumors right breast
node negative
lumpectomy 8-15-06
A/C Began 9-5-06 Finished A/C 11/6/06
Port Placement 9-15-06
Negative Test for BRAC1 & BRAC2 10-25-06
Began Tamoxofin November 21, 2006
First Herceptin November 27, 2006 Continues every 3 Weeks
First Radiation Treatment December 11, 2006
35 Rads Completed