View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 02:36 PM   #1
AlaskaAngel

Question Nutrition, exercise, and inflammation

Hi,

I would be interested in any trials being offered or any trial information (pro or con) related to the combination of nutrition, exercise, and inflammation.

Diet - After being consistently on a low glycemic diet of mostly whole grain products, fruits, vegetables, a few walnuts, fish and chicken, olive oil and daily freshly ground flax seed -- buying as much of the foods as organic as possible, avoiding simple sugars -- no alcohol, no caffeine -- getting natural sunshine as frequently as possible as well as supplements in keeping my vitamin D level around 40 -- and supplementing with CoQ10, fish oil, and magnesium….

Exercise - Rope jumping 30 minutes a day 7 days a week (until a recent minor back strain)

Lab Results - My lipid panel shows low triglycerides, high HDL, above normal LDL, and above normal total cholesterol. My markers (CA 15-3 or CA 27.29, CA-125, and hs-CRP) are all low.

Therapy - My PCP was sure I would need to take a statin until we used as a tie-breaker the hs-CRP; results came back not only not high or medium risk, but LOW risk. I had CAFx6, rads, and 1 3/4 years of tamoxifen, but no trastuzumab or other treatment. As a stage T1c I've had no known recurrence of cancer.

QUESTION: By using the markers as a rough estimate, it appears to me that keeping my level of inflammation low may be a meaningful way to avoid recurrence. I would be interested in any information about possible trials or other information regarding the use of diet and exercise and inflammation markers, in order to reduce inflammation to avoid recurrence.

Thank you,

AlaskaAngel

Last edited by AlaskaAngel; 09-18-2009 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: to add flax seed
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote