View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 05:23 PM   #104
geraldine

Smile

Hi Lani,

12th dec marks my 3rd year on Herceptin.. 2.5 yrs Herceptin only.

I was dx in 2001 after finding a lump on my left breast.. grade3...18/24 node pos. Had mastectomy followed by various chemo+ clinical trial + rads.

I was dx in 2003 with secondary b/c on the chest wall, same side and it was only then that I was told about Herceptin and that I met the criteria.

I have terrible itching on various parts of my body, especially on the scar. I suffer from sinus problems, weight gain, small ulcers on my tongue, eye sight deteriating ( my optician say my reading sight has not changed in 2 yrs but my distance has changed drastically, poor nails (allways pealing and breaking) and lately I have suffered severe cramping in my legs. I dont have headaches except for about 2-3 hrs after treatment. Last week I had the strangest feeling in my chest, just like a hundred needles stabbing. It only lasted about 10 secs. I will be going for an echo on fri, so hopefully I will find out, the reason..

I receive Herceptin every 3 weeks over a 1 hour infusion.

Hey I forgot to mention how scatty my brain is at times (this is an example) but I was putting that down to age (55 in jan)

Geraldine
geraldine is offline   Reply With Quote