View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #177
Laurel

Re: Prayers needed for Sheila

You know, Jen, sometimes it seems those who have fought the good fight for a protracted period of time come to a point of resignation (?), acceptance(?), weariness(?). I am not certain about this, but I believe there comes a fatigue with the whole treatment rat race. Your mom is one heck of a fighter. This cannot be disputed. However, it seems that with humans as well as animals there is an innate sense of when the need to rest and be at peace has arrived. Perhaps your mother is there now. Maybe she instinctively knows her physician has suggested a fair and wise choice?

Like Lani, I want to shout across the miles begging your mom to battle on. It was all I could do not to shriek for Brenda Hutchinson's family to keep on fighting with her....NO! Not hospice! Not for Brenda! Wake up, Brenda, wake up! But they knew it was time to let go. The race was run.

It is the letting go that is so hard for us. Selfishly we want them to stay HERE, right here with us....forever, but we know there are no forevers in this life. I do believe there is another life that is eternal. You'll see you mother again in that life.

It is brave of you to help your mom walk out this last walk. I can tell you it is a terribly difficult thing to do. I know you will rise to the occasion and manage it all beautifully.

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote