View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 07:37 PM   #11
duga35

Re: Law suit due to Taxotere permanent hair loss/balding

Before treatment I had a full head of hair, beard, etc. 8 years later I've had very little hair growth back. I still don't have any eyebrows or eye lashes and can't grow a beard. I had a law firm contact me about filing a lawsuit, still don't know how they got my name. But after talking to them I kind of expressed a little interest in it. The next day another lawyer with the firm contacted me and said that since I'm a male they don't know what they can do if anything but would send me the forms to fill out to obtain medical records, etc. after reading everything over I decided against it, especially because of the charges and it looked to me like the only ones that will ever really profit is the ambulance chasers. Also, I've been cancer free thus far for 8 years, so even though I suffered hair loss I feel that Taxotere may have saved my life so why should I sue them? In the packet they also kind of implied that they may sue my oncologist and I certainly don't want that because I feel that I received excellent care from him. Needless to say, I've declined to jump on the lawsuit train. It's not for me. Plus, if people start winning settlements the cost will only be passed on to future patients, thus possibly not being able to afford treatment. Just my 2 cents worth..
Tumor Stage pt1b NO MO
DCIS Tumor size 1.5 x 1.x .6cm
Infiltration tumor size .25X.17 cm
Bloom-Richardson Grade 3(score 8)
Nuclear Grade 3 with comedo necrosis
Estrogen+/Progestrone+/HER-2/Neu +++
FISH ratio 4.31
Lymph node removal scheduled 1/07/08
17 nodes tested and all negative 1/08/08
Started Tamoxifin 1/29/08
Oncotype DX score 52 (off the charts, according to my onc!!!)
Starting TCH 3/14/08
BRCA I Positive BRCA II Negative
Finished TC 6/27/08 continue Herceptin
8/1/08 Herceptin stopped due to low Muga score
Mastectomy on left breast 11/10/08
duga35 is offline   Reply With Quote