View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 09:19 PM   #8
ariana

Re: Law suit due to Taxotere permanent hair loss/balding

I took my last treatment on 2/22 and I'm still not seeing new hair growth. I'm still on Herceptin once every 3 weeks.

When I was undergoing treatment , my beautician warned me that Hercpetin would retard the growth my hair their till I would get off of it. She was right. I have been through this dance 2 x. I had the best case possible. Tiny lump, successful treatment, with only 2 specks found and nothing in lymph node. Was on hercpetion for a full year, then went on tomoxphen then Arimidex. My cancer came back in 6 months to the lungs after I completed on year on hercpetion and had to take taxotere again and it saved my life. I would question any DOc. who let a patient skip any treatments. No one knows which patient needs to stay on Herception for life, as these pills were to be a line of defense ,, Tamoxofen, Arimidex, Exemestane. Just like Taxotere. When it fails to work, you have a few other levels of choice to go to, but not that many. I am on Herception and Perjeta EVERY 21 DAYS, for how ever LONG it will last. 1 year maybe 3 NO one knows. Then they will try something else, AND MAYBE I WILL GET TO LIVE THE AVERAGE , HOPE FOR 10 YEARS. Many are dying at 3 and 4 years with young children. You may need Taxotere again . You never know.
ariana is offline   Reply With Quote