View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 02:02 PM   #11
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink Dear Oprah

Generally, in our world, that cancer word is mostly whispered, spoken of in hushed tones, or referred to as “The Big C”, or “you know”... We are scared to even speak of such an atrocity, to name it out loud. As if the very word might be contagious! And we each hand down this societal attitude, with our body language and our fear-filled references, perpetuating the fear, for future generations, making no strides in a very necessary ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT -- we fourth stagers have all learned and discussed on our website. We do the same with our non-discussions of Death and Dying. And, in so doing -- we stack the odds against ourselves! THE TIME HAS COME TO FIX THIS CULTURAL MISTAKE THAT IS KILLING MILLIONS!

CANCER IS ALL ABOUT FEAR. And attitude! Such taboo areas perpetuate the fear and give our power away to it, thus creating ominous statistics against our survival! We fourth stage breast cancer Survivors have found this out and want to share this with the world. To shout it from the rooftops! When you become defeated psychologically by the poor statistics your thinking serves as further “proof” that the insidious disease will likely kill us. It is, in fact, a kind of MASS HYSTERIA. The collective Energy of hordes of others, whips up and exaggerates our own fear into a cyclone of emotion. We automatically emulate others’ responses, caught up in a kinetic force that produces and changes the motion and emotion of masses. The air becomes electrically charged with fear, permeating our psyches, stirring us up without our even realizing what is occurring. We scare ourselves to Death.

We've all learned to be well-informed about our disease but also to ignore statistics. WE ARE NOT STATISTICS. We are human beings. And miracles can, and do, happen. If one person has survived your kind of cancer – “YOU” CAN SURVIVE, with clear, focused intention, determination, passion, love, expectation, faith, humor and laughter, vividly positive imagery and programmed thinking of WELLNESS, HEALING AND HEALTH. Music and poetry, the embracing of the unique beauty of Nature and all Created, playing with a pet, watching a Baby or Child lost in a world all their own -- is all enchanting. And quite therapeutic. STOMPING ON FEAR!

Please help us joyful Women who refuse to give up or give in, who defy the statistics have learned to live with cancer and to thrive anyway. We appreciate each and every day as the gift it is and we celebrate it. Some days we crash. But, together, with the love and support of others, we each have decided to be a part of the forty year plan. We don't think -- WE ONLY HAVE ONE LIFE TO LIVE. We say -- WE ONLY HAVE AROUND A HUNDRED YEARS TO LEARN TO GET IT RIGHT. We see ourselves far into the future with our families. Attitude is 90% of the battle. Conquer the fear and you conquer the disease. That's the message we want to carry to the people. To share fourth stage cancer victims secrets of success and offer hope and bliss to those who come with us and will come after us.

What do you think about this for starters?

ANDI
I WASN’T SAD. I WASN’T ANGRY. I didn’t think, Why Me?! Poor me! Only the millisecond of the question, Is this how my story ends, whooshed by. Then, a brave -- NO! followed close behind. My Inner Voice spoke that NO with profound authority! I

I found myself wondering again, Is this supposed to happen?, which made me mull for a bit what that thought even meant! It was so esoteric!! YOU HAVE TO THINK THIS THROUGH, came from that Something Deep Within Me. EVERYTHING’S HAPPENING TOO FAST, DARTING AT YOU AND MIXING YOU UP, The Self That Lives Deep Within said. I couldn’t think straight, that’s for sure. My ego was seemingly knocked unconscious. It urged me to run, but again, my Inner Voice had wisely suggested that would be pointless. It had sensibly interjected this perspective, before I realized I’d even had such an inclination. STAY HERE -- LOCKED IN THE DOCTOR’S EYES, it told me. I kept fixating: It’s not a lump. I never had a lump. Never. Barbara had lumps. Lynne, Elaine, Jane had lumps. Lots of people had lumps.
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote