Thread: Chemo and Sun
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 11:04 AM   #10
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Exclamation Nutritional Support

Dear Linda, I agree with everything that Chrisy, Jean, Catherine and Brenda have said. My onc nutritional/BC expert had me on everything during my chemo, to lessen side effects for heart, immune system, muscle pain, neuropathy, liver, etc. He feels that during chemo your body is being challenged as the drugs are hammering away at your cancer. Co Enzyme Q10 -- he had me on 200 a day, then upped it to 300. I am now on 100. GREEN TEA SHRINKS TUMORS. He wants me to keep drinking 3 cups a day. Others have mentioned this. I was buying Arizona Green Tea. Doc likes tea bags, but others take drops or capsules. He has me on a bunch of anti-cancer supplements that fight free radicals, boost energy levels and help my incessant hot flashes. He recommends high dosages, so when I read about a study that showed this or that is ineffective, I think but that's at the minimum dosage. Dx at age 50 in '95 w/invasive lobular carcinoma + 2 out of 18 nodes involved. Then dx w/multiple mets into the liver in '98 + found HER2+ 80% (that's the way the report read back in the day). I had a highly aggressive cancer and a very poor prognosis. BUT I ALSO HAD A GREAT ATTITUDE, THE LOVE OF MY HUSBAND AND TWO DAUGHTERS AND FRIENDS, MY SPIRITUAL CONNECTION, which evolved from '95 into a transforming experience. All that, plus my nutritional supplements and green tea have brought me to this day. I feed my mind thoughts full of love, compassion, generosity and gratitude for the gift of each day. I see the world so differently. Life is beautiful. No matter what I had to endure to get through a hellish experience. I have lived to see 5 grandchildren born (the oldest being 10, the youngest 10 mnths old)! I feel joyful, serene and full of LOVE.

This is precisely what I wish for all you remarkable women fighting through tough times. It is doable. You too can be a miracle. Daily meditation, weeding out the noxious thoughs and images, experiencing them (as we must) and then tossing them away like a live grenade. Nourishing your thoughts with all those positive emotions means that is what you are TRANSMITTING out into the Universe. The energy of your thoughts is sensed and responded to IN KIND by the Universe. It's a Universal Law! LIVE BY IT. WHAT YOU THINK ALL DAY WILL BECOME YOUR DESTINY!

Sending you loving, healing energy and hugs, ANDI
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote