View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 11:48 AM   #2
R.B.

I am reading Smart Fats by M Schmidt which I would recommend.

I have read for a lay person quite a lot on fats, and it generally is simply not realised how powerful they are.

It is not a simple subject but fro anybody looking fro adjuncts othere option I would highly recommend reading up on the subject. There are posts on this site, several books including "Cracking the metabolic code", "inflamation the Zone diet" "Dr Gaynors Cancer Prevention Program" which deal to some degree with the issue, and the related subject of diet - getting the gut and digestive system working properly - the impact of trans fats - the impact of sugar on fatty acid pathways......

Lipoic acid feature in fat metabolism (Per Dr Gaynors Cancer Prevention Program) - so its back to fats.

Vit c - I have not really looked at this. Obviously lots of whole food fruit and veg etc must be good, but it is hard to separate out where the benifits come from in terms of dietary improvement where the food is a multiple agent only one small factor of which is vit C. We proably have access to much higher levels of vit C sources than our ancestors, yet BC continues to rise. My money based on quite a bit of reading is on the huge imbalances in omega three six, with the addition of high sugars (both natural and refined), and transfats as the key factors. (with poor diet leading to digestive problems etc.)

Curcumin is an anti-inflamatory. Omega six in excess is inflamatory.

Anti-inflamatories have been shown to reduce BC risk.

Food for thought

RB
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote