View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 09:37 PM   #3
Odette

You need a lot of TLC Susan!!

Dear Susan,

you have been through so much, with the bc, the lung mets the heart trouble, stomach problems it is no wonder you are depressed! You have so much to deal with.
I think we all know about depression, when our world falls apart, when we get some unexpected bad news, like breast cancer!
I had my most horrid two weeks in my life after my mets showed up in January in my neck. I felt my spirit sunk into a dark deep hole that was so hopeless that I did not even try to get out. I felt without my spirit i was like a robot just doing things out of habit not being connected to anything. I felt my life was already taken away from me. Then I guess I thought, hey if I'm already about as good as gone, might as well do only things I want to do.
This helped me.
I don't know if there is anyone around to help you through these tough times but say there isn't, then you have to be SUPER NICE TO YOURSELF!!
TREAT YOURSELF VERY WELL!! Like coffee in bed in the morning, fun outings... no pressures about being proper... allowing others to do things for you... movies during the day...

Once you allow yourself to be a little spoiled then you might feel like exercising, cooking good healthy things for yourself. Who can be depressed after a nice long walk with some friends sipping super healthy fresh strawberry soy smoothie?

I read your post and I see you would like us to recommend some meds or supplements. Sorry I do not know much about that. I do believe some of my local support group members are on Prozac which probably helps them.

Let me know how are you doing Susan!

Hugs and prayers,

Odette

Ps. I'm not doing the macrobiotic diet etc. any more I just have not changed my signature yet.
June-August 2006 AC chemo
August-October 2006 Taxotere + Herceptin
November 18, 2006 Mastectomy 16 involved lymph nodes
Jan 2, 2007 start radiation
Stage IV, Jan 12, 2007 recurrence in cervical lymph nodes while on Herceptin, stopped Herceptin
Rad oncologist extended the radiation field, good response
Started Tykerb Xeloda on beginning of May 2007
Progression to lungs and conglomerate lymphadenopathy July 2007
Undecided about next treatment

'One does not get to choose one's adventures'

I'm experimenting with my diet, using green tea, flax seed curry and olive oil

Odette is offline   Reply With Quote