View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 05:32 AM   #16
RhondaH

Wink Re: Cancer Care Package...what would you put in it?

Thank you all ladies. One thing that I remembered last night that I really used were my grandmothers old handkerchiefs, as when my eyelashes fell out, tissue would break apart and get in my eyes...SO I picked out a lovely one that my grandmother (her GREAT grandmother as her mother is my 1st cousin) had crocheted lace on (this handkerchief has to be about 75 years old as my grandmother was born in 1892) and am going to send it along with all your other BEAUTIFUL suggestions. Also, I (like a few of you) feel the same way about the pink ribbons and I have already expressed this to my cousin (I TOO have them tucked in a drawer in a little bag) and that while appreciated (though I've gotten frustrated with some people who STILL give me a pink ribbon for EVERY holidayl) I feel that while I HAD breast cancer, it was only a "part" of my life and it does not define me, nor do I want to give it recognition. My dads lady friend gave me a GORGEOUS Swaroski crystal one when I was first dx and I DO wear it every time I get a mammogram, but that is it. Thank you again and I love you all.

Dx 2/1/05, Stage 1, 0 nodes, Grade 3, ER/PR-, HER2+ (3.16 Fish)
2/7/05, Partial Mastectomy
5/18/05 Finished 6 rounds of dose dense TEC (Taxotere, Epirubicin and Cytoxan)
8/1/05 Finished 33 rads
8/18/05 Started Herceptin, every 3 weeks for a year (last one 8/10/06)

2/1/13...8 year Cancerversary and I am "perfect" (at least where cancer is concerned;)

" And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote