View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 06:28 AM   #2
NEDenise

Smile Re: The power of your thoughts

Andi,
I would humbly piggyback on what you say here...

My friends...
Like the strings in Andi's post that vibrate in syncronicity...I firmly believe that the people with whom we surround ourselves cause us to 'vibrate' in a manner similar to their own.
That is to say...positive people surround us with their positive energy and bring joy into our lives.
On the other hand...people who resonate with negative energy can, and do, suck the joy out of us. With the joy, goes the healing, the health...any positive energy we have is stolen by association with this negativity.

I've heard so many people say, "I can't help it. It's just the way I am".
I don't believe that. Come on!
As adults, we CHOOSE our attitude toward every situation.
That's right! We are actively in control of how we CHOOSE to react!
If we "can't help it", who can?

I'm not advocating a Pollyanna worldview, where one pretends everything is great all the time. That would be ridiculous! (and annoying to everyone nearby!)
But if we can look for the positive...even in bad situations...I think we help ourselves...and all those with whom we interact. And, I also believe that if we can't be positive...we should be quiet! Don't drag other people down too!

In fact, long before BC ever reared its ugly head in my life...I realized that there were people that I loved...but who just sucked the joy out of me with all the negativity they projected. I had to make a conscious choice to limit how much time I spent around those people and the negative attitude toward life they were CHOOSING. Since becoming sick...it's become even more important.
But truly, and some of you ladies may have noticed this in your own lives...the people who choose to be negative aren't lining up to visit/help/support us anyway. They're too focused on their own little miseries to reach out to anyone else. So avoiding them isn't as hard as you might think!

Okay, I'm sorry if I offended anyone. That certainly wasn't my intention. This is just my humble opinion...and I could be completely wrong... But I think that choosing to be positive is so important for our own well-being...and for those around us too. Others might say it won't help...but....what could it hurt?!

Choosing to be positive...
Looking on the bright side...
Sending love and light your way...
Denise

PS- Andi...I'm impressed that you have a plan behind the colors you use to highlight what you're saying! I just like to change colors and fonts because I it's fun...and looks cheerful to me! And, honestly...it makes it easier for me to read. Different strokes...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	positive-energy.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	1096  
Attached Images

NEDenise is offline   Reply With Quote