View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 08:32 PM   #6
Her2nSue

Lightbulb joint and muscle pain

Cheryls, I've had such severe muscle pain and joint stiffness since starting Femara and having Herceptin alone once every 3 weeks. The Onc prescribed Celebrex which I have taken faithfully every morning. Doesn't seem to do too much in the way of eliminating the pain. I've been telling the Onc this since he prescribed Celebrex back in May. Only last week did he seem to wake up when I told him the pain is 24/7 and stiffness may loosen up while I am up and about, but sit or drive longer than 25 minutes and I get up like an old woman (I'm only 50). He prescribed 25 mg of AMITRIPTYLINE, I take a 1/2 tablet in the evening before bed. I've been on it since Sat. 10/21/06 and I do feel a difference. I still have a few sore big joints, but the pain is now not as sharp. Also has worked wonders on my thumb joints. I don't get that sharp burning pain up the arm if I used my thumbs. Ask you're Onc. about it. The pharmacy said that the prescription is actually a mild antidepressant, but that the doctors have been using it to help with pain, too. Good Luck.

dx:
Oct. 3, 2005
IDC
1ct, grade 2
ER & PR+
Her2+++
Left simple mastect.10/18
no nodes involved
reconstruction 6/05

11/05 started with A/C -1 every 3 wks.
Taxol & Herceptin -1 ea. week for 12 weeks.
now just Herceptin till 2/07
Her2nSue is offline   Reply With Quote