View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013, 05:40 AM   #4
Lien

Re: Birth Control Pills and Breast Cancer Link

My growth was stopped with huge doses of hormones when I was 14. I took them for two years, the equivalent of the morning after pill. There is a lot of cancer in my family (1 aunt on mothers' side with BC, mother stomach, father prostate, uncle on mother's side pancreas, cousin on mother's side leukemia and non-hodgkins lymphoma, uncle on father's side Hodgkins lymphoma) and I developed breast cancer at age 2004. I took birth control pills from age 17 - 19 or so and again at age 24 for about a year. It didn't really solve my menstrual problems and gave me other side effects, so I quit taking them.

I too had very very bad periods and found relief in foot reflexology. I had tried everything I could think of, went to a reflexologist for other issues and then as a side effect my horrible, horrible periods became a bit of a nuisance. It was amazing. Ofcourse all this is anecdotal and I know that birth control pills are not supposed to bring an increased risk of breast cancer. It seems that the risk of ovarian cancer is even reduced. A friend of mine used to take a birth control pill that she would take without stopping for 3 - 6 months, skipping periods that way.

So if it works for your daughter, I wouldn't panic. But you might want to try a good certified reflexologist.

Oh, and my Mom had the same issues with her periods and her problems went away after her first pregnancy. Your daughter may be a bit young for that, but at least it can give her hope.

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote