View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 07:39 AM   #5
LizzElliot

Re: new cause of resistance to herceptin IDd-- hold off on those ice cream sundaes!!!

Ladies, I am really struggling here. It seems post treatment, with the chemo-induced post-menopause, or the tamoxifen introduction (which I have now switched to Femara) -- altho' I have researched and am only eating the best of veggies and antioxidant foods... And altho' I am working out like I never have in my life, the weight just flew on starting in January, growing through March, and I'll say April with the switch to Femara, it has slowed some (or is it that in March April I started working out like crazy?). But if to keep cancer from returning we must be slim, I'm having a hard time getting back to slim or slender.
Two hours a day in the gym is possible while I'm still off work, but I cannot imagine what I'll do after I go back to work. I keep working out in hopes I don't have to buy new clothes to interview in. I am up at least two dress sizes.
I love that I am NED, but being scared of a return, this weight thing has me stymied in what to do.
Lizz.
LizzElliot is offline   Reply With Quote