View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 06:46 AM   #58
Paula O

Re: For those interested: Scripture Through the Her2 Fight

I was looking over some old notes I took when listening to a James MacDonald’s CD that a friend loaned me when I was going through treatment: ”Always True”: about some of God’s exceedingly great, magnificent, and precious promises in His Word that He has made to those who are His children. These are some of the highlights/DIRECT QUOTES (not my thoughts)that were a blessing to me from the series:

(Part 1)
2 Peter 1:4

New Living Translation (NLT)
4 And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises....
2 Peter 1:4

Amplified Bible (AMP)

4By means of these He has bestowed on us His precious and exceedingly great promises, so that through them you may escape [by flight] from the moral decay (rottenness and corruption) that is in the world because of covetousness (lust and greed), and become sharers (partakers) of the divine nature.

His promises are like diamonds hidden in a mountain of gold.

Promise: A declaration of what someone will do. The character of the person is on the line. God NEVER breaks a single promise.
I am an heir of God’s promises as His child.
Promise #1: I will not fear, God is ALWAYS with me.

Hebrews 13:5-6

5 Don’t love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said,
I will never fail you.
I will never abandon you.”[a]
6 So we can say with confidence,
“The Lord is my helper,
so I will have no fear.
What can mere people do to me?”[b]
Deuteronomy 31:6

6 So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.”
No one can fathom His greatness:

Psalm 145:3

New King James Version (NKJV)
3 Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised;
And His greatness is unsearchable

God is a promiser by nature. His Word is brimming and overflowing with promises. It’s an assurance God gives His people so they can walk by faith as they wait for Him to work. God tells us “I can and I will.”
Hebrews 6:18

18 that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we might[a] have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us.

Psalm 119:140

140 Your word is very pure;
Therefore Your servant loves it.
Psalm 145:3 His promises are great, they come from a great God.

3 Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised;
And His greatness is unsearchable.

God’s plan is about the person He is making me into. His plans are all good.:
Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good (wholeness) and not for disaster (evil), to give you a future and a hope.

A person resting in the promises of God has a great life no matter their circumstances–they are resting in His truth. Do you think God is going to disappoint you? Let you down? No way! He always has the final word.

Jeremiah 32:27
27 “I am the Lord, the God of all the peoples of the world. Is anything too hard for me?