Thread: Alcohol intake
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 01:10 PM   #8
Becky

Re: Alcohol intake

I don't necessarily drink during the week because I find I am too tired after a hard day at work (I am very,very busy with my job) that I can't do anything else. I do sometimes have a glass of wine on a Monday - Thursday. But Friday, Saturday and Sunday I do have a couple of drinks - it depends but probably 2-4 drinks each of those nights. Usually wine but sometimes a cocktail and then wine. I am not a big beer drinker but love it in the summer after a hot day in the garden. Is it not good? I say we have all been through enough - too much, to not enjoy our lives to the fullest. Also, some alcohol studies do not rule out other factors that may be synergistic with alcohol drinking such as - do you smoke too? Do you just sit around or are you depressed. There is so much more going on than just those drinks. Eat well and live well I say. So, I suppose if a bottle of wine is about 6 drinks depending on how you pour, then I drink about 2 bottles a week. That's why I'm smiling in my picture!

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote